Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Friends First

Once upon a time, when I was a child, I had an imaginary friend. It turns out that it wasn't so imaginary. I made it real. I was searching for the unknown. When I found it, it became reality. I realized the conversations I was having with this "being" began to scare me. I told my mother I was afraid of ghosts. She said “Awe, that is just bull! Ghosts can't hurt you only people can.” I was growing up and beginning to realize that the conversations I was having were with my “old self”. I was communicating with previous versions of myself through the “veil”. My logic told me that it wasn't possible. So, I listened to everyone and broke up with my imaginary “self”. I've been searching for that same kind of friendship since. Actually, I have been searching for my old self in counterparts. One part yes, one part no. Yes and no... very basic. Very Black and white. Yes means yes and No means no. Computers speak this language in a sequence of ones and zeros. Very efficient. I wanted to see how far I could take it. I devised a test. I decided to be friends with everyone that would. I began to become popular but it wasn't enough. I had become a doormat for parasites. This had to stop. I devised a plan of screw me once shame on you and so forth. This began to work. Everyone that failed the friends first test were shelved or discarded. Except... for a few diamonds in the ruff that deserved not only a second chance but guidance in addition. They became my "circle". I was also in "love" with the subjects. My friendship first plan was backfiring though with the women. I would give them everything they wanted expecting reciprocation and not getting what I expected in return. When I would try to initiate romance. I would get the response “You have been so nice to me!... but, I don't want to ruin our beautiful friendship. I don't want to hurt you.”... Enter ...”The Friend Zone”, and some made it to the more prestigious “Roll of Bill Backmanship” or “Bill's Club” for short. (more on that later. Long story;-) They did not know about the "veil" and the intuition that comes with it. Now, I was very happy with this arrangement. I value friendship more than gold! I would then proceed to be friends. Then, I gained more than sex. I would not change a thing if I had a chance. I had gained real value. I can still taste it. I took it upon myself to continue placing myself in the “Zone”. It is the only way to weed out the uninformed. Most don't understand this concept yet. Now, I have grown older and haven't grown colder and everything is always more fun... furthermore... And I..can.. feel. Friendship is my orgasm. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. It is chaos! I love it! (Thank you Mr. R. Waters and “company” for the inspiration. Literally and rhetorically ;-) Grab a hammer. Do you have a wall? I do. Everyone does. It protects us from our undesired future selves. Kind of like that person downtown that you put blinders on for while passing them by making a "B" line for your three dollar coffee, intentionally ignoring their need for change. Now, to top it off, I realize real value (VL;-) and friendship exchange even more now that I have more valuable friendships. If everyone that I know or knew felt the same way... And, set the concept as a priority, I will not see a future need for commonplace, deep rooted and expiring, in my opinion, concepts of currency exchange. Let's use the (VL;-) and figure out an even and honest way to trade it together. How HARD can it get. A computer could do it with the right code. Can you sustain or extend? It depends on the recipient. Almost everyone fails the "test" at some point. It is expected. Is a thought defined as a single paragraph or is it a whole chapter? It all depends on the writer and the reader I guess. What YOU really want to get out of the book is the real test.

No comments:

Post a Comment